We welcome you and your children to McDowall
McDowall Village Childcare service is an independent, family owned and managed, purpose built centre, which is conveniently located within a shopping precinct, close to buses and commuter routes. Our service provides a safe, secure and nurturing haven for children that incorporates a homely environment.
Offering a dynamic and play based program for children aged 6 weeks to school age with high quality care by experienced and professional caring staff. Small boutique centre with smaller groups for a more personable learning environment.
The centre provides for 5 programs and 5 separate rooms. Consistently across all of our classrooms, our professional Educators utilise an emergent curriculum based upon the National Quality Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework. The curriculum supports children in developing a strong sense of their identity and well-being; connections with their world; confidence and involvement in their learning; and effective communication.
We have a fantastic team of experienced educators who bring a diverse range of skills and attributes. We have an on-site cook, who is creating delicious and healthy morning tea, lunches and afternoon teas. Together we are focused on creating a nurturing, homely atmosphere for all children to have a real sense of belonging within the service. Our service provides an environment that is inclusive, promotes competence, independent exploration and learning through play based experiences.
It is our strong belief that each child is given the opportunity to evolve and develop in an environment which supports and develops their individualism as well as nurturing their strengths, aspirations and sense of self. We value what each individual has to offer to our centre and encourage all to share the same. We recognise the family unit as the primary educators in a child’s life and value the role of this unit in the centre’s program and policy decisions.
We believe that all children be afforded equal opportunity to access programs, resources and activities without prejudice. We offer to all children equal access to whatever it is they require, developing and growing in a way that is meaningful to them and meets their needs, abilities, talents and special requirements.
We focus on supporting children to take an active role in caring for the environment and contributing to a sustainable future.
We aim to communicate on varying levels with all parents their child’s progress and accomplishments. We believe in open lines of communication based on mutual respect and a desire to promote each child’s learning and well being.
McDowall Village Childcare is licensed for a maximum of 75 children per day.
· Small boutique centre
· Catering for children 6 weeks to school age· 9,10& 12 Hour Sessions.
· Qualified experienced and nurturing staff.
· Freshly cooked meals daily, which meets each individual child’s daily dietary requirements.
· The Early Years Learning Frame Work program, to cater to all children’s needs and interests.
· Open 6:30am-6:30pm, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks per year.
· Open communication and involvement of all families.
· Child Care Subsidy.
· Reverse cycle Air-conditioning.
· Spacious indoor & outdoor play area.
· A centre hat and sunscreen.
· Complimentary Music lesson on a Monday.
· Complimentary Dance program on a Friday for our Kindy Children.
· Centre Pets- Chickens & Guinea Pigs.
· 3 Qualified Early Childhood Teachers.
· 2 Years of Kindergarten to ensure children are school ready.
· Government Approved Kindergarten Program